9.06.2010


Dear Ong Ngoai,

I miss you. You are in a better place to watch over all your children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren now. Please find Ba soon (if you haven't already), I'm sure she's been waiting for you. I feel so much safer in this world now knowing that I have two guardian angels to look over me. I hope you can see without your glasses in Heaven, because you didn't have them when you went. But I'm sure you'll be more than fine. :) Mom gave me the last gift you brought from Vietnam for me. The two figures are sitting on my shelf next to by my bed (I'm going to think of them as you and Ba). You and Ba were always so great with making sure your grandchildren, all 17 of them, were spoiled with gifts even on non-holidays! I'm going to miss making sure you got all your prescription refills on time. I promise to go back to Vietnam one day. I'm going to visit Nha Trang and learn of the place you loved so much. I'll go wherever you and Ba went. I want to see and learn everything. I'm still going to play piano for you, so make sure you listen in on me sometime. I always wanted both my grandparents to be there when I graduate (you both were always so good with that!) and when/if I get married. So make sure you tune in on me then too. I am so fortunate to have had grandparents like you around all this time. Thank you for blessing me with such a wonderful family. It all began with you two.

Love,
Phuong Vi

P.S. Please give Ba a hug and tell her I love her. "Thuong nhieu qua!"

1 comment: